Friday, July 3, 2009

nightmare

I had a dream last night.

On the green grass, in the broad sunlight.

People were all around.

Hundreds of people--young and old--laughing and smiling.

After all the hoopla, I went up to talk to you. Demand an explanation; see why you would dare show your face here. Why in the world you would even think to see me now.

It all went wrong.

I was there, shouting for help.
Screaming at the top of my lungs.

A sound so shrill it would make your blood run cold.

I could feel the tears pouring out.
and the pain.

But they all were smiling.
eyes completely glazed over, their mouths either plastered with sick smiles or opening wide in cultish laughter.


And there I was
in the center.

Right there on the green grass, underneath the beautiful, blue sky and the shining sun.

But in spite of my cries, no one bothered to put an end to it.
..No one even moved.

I woke up crying and when I tried to remember the specifics of why, it was all just a blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment