Tuesday, November 17, 2009

between the lines

I once promised myself I'd stay open-minded, but not invested...

I failed to do so.

I had received plenty of warning...I should have been able to prevent it...

I didn't.

I can analyze past conversations and decisions as much as I want, but that will do nothing to change the present. And since I'm not the type of person to push blame on someone else, I won't. Because it really was my own doing. Sure, a person's actions or lack thereof might come into play. But technically, that person has done nothing wrong. There's no one to blame but myself for the way I feel. And the good news is I don't hurt anymore. Or at least, not like I did. I just hope that over time my head will become free from these invasive thoughts, and I'll learn not to care so much.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the comments! :)

    and by the way, this makes total sense. i overanalyze conversations all the time too. i think everyone does.

    ReplyDelete