Tuesday, December 8, 2009

don't forget to breathe

Distractions. I usually manage to suppress those thoughts. The feelings that consume so much of me that even I am getting tired of listening to myself moan about them. But no matter how many distractions I put into practice, no matter how I may feel during the day, what's really there is still hiding.

Sometimes at night, it comes out. Escapes its position deep inside of me. Not as dramatically, but just as strong. It keeps growing. And I wish there was something I could do to make it easier.

But the only way I ever knew how is temporarily out-of-reach.
I know I need to focus my energies on other things and finding myself more. But I still miss that...indescribable connection. The warmth of someone's touch, even though it never existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment