Tuesday, October 19, 2010

clipped - part 2

I passed by you on a bus, but it wasn't until much later that I realized what I'd missed. I ran. Sprinting up and down hills of endless streets, running past those horrible "soldiers" as they set fire to the concrete. I was so scared that they wouldn't let me pass through, but I guess I looked "the part" enough because somehow, I made it. A huge center. There were so many stairs...and I almost got trapped underneath as some flights were unbelievably close to the ceiling. But I finally made it to the window. It was empty, except for a random man in the worn leather booth, gazing out the window. I said to him, "This is my lucid dream. I should be able to do what I want, right?" For some reason I turned around and in an instant, you were there. But the second we embraced, I cried. Because it wasn't real & it never had been.

I knew just as much, but it still hurt. And you told me I'd get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment