Sunday, August 16, 2009

'your love is gonna drown'

You think you're unaffected,
and are convinced you can stand it

But then...when you hear about it
coming from those you'd least expect,

it hurts--a lot.

You think to yourself, isn't this what you claim to not let bother you? You tell yourself and others never to worry what others may think or say, so why should this be any different?

probably because it's harder coming from
those you consider dear friends.

you truly care about them, and it hurts
when you find out they don't reciprocate your feelings,
that they must not see it or are too stuck in their bitter views.

But just remember what those two so wisely said as they held you, wiping your tears and comforting you with laughter and love that reminds you how so unbelievably lucky you are to have them.

You can't make everyone like you,
not everyone is going to understand...

and that's okay.

__________________________________

As painful as it may be, I'm not going to let it change the way I act or how and who I am toward them. I still will care. I still see the beauty in them, in everyone.

And sometimes it's really really hard.
Because I can't stop feeling this way--even if I wanted to do so--and not everyone else sees it like that.

Who knows?

Maybe--in time--they'll reevaluate their harsh opinions.
Maybe they won't.

But no matter what the case,

I'll still have the special ones. I'll still be me.

And that's really all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. ah not to be cliche but
    "those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind"

    you're perfect, you fit in your skin. Don't ever change a thing.

    ReplyDelete