Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Here Comes the Sun" through the Sound of Music

I had "been searching all of my days" since these eyes were opened by a certain twist of fate...or destiny, I guess you could call it. I meant what I'd said: my eyes were "brand new" and all "the world was dancing."

But in spite of it all, something was missing. I was trapped,"And the days kept turning into night..." I had thought I could fly on my own, but now I know that all along, I'd just been "learning to fly."

And all the pain, suffering, heartbreak, sickness, loneliness, and disconnect: they have disappeared completely (they are merely a distant melody of reminiscence) and the static has completely turned off.

All along, as I was seeing, I "never knew" I'd forgotten the most important part of Life: LISTENING. So, I say: "Thank you for the music, for giving it to me." Thank you for "hearing my Song." Thank you for riding along this world of a"Subway" train with me.

Now I understand the truth and meaning behind the old-phrase, "All You Need is Love." "We're half-awake in a fake empire and let's try not to figure out everything at once." After all, "What does the brain matter, compared with the Heart?" "...cause now, we're HERE. And that's just a thing that takes 'time.'"

Noah and the Whale, whose concert I am going to miss tonight, sings "It's the first day of Spring, and my life is starting over again. Well, the trees grow, the river flows, and its water will wash away my sin. For I do believe that everyone has once chance to fuck up their lives. Like a cut down tree, I will rise again; I'll be bigger, and stronger than ever before...there's a HOPE in every new seed & every flower that grows on the earth."

1 comment:

  1. I love the flow of this Brittany ... did you just write this in one flow, or you took several days? I love it

    ReplyDelete