Thursday, October 13, 2011

in spite of a bond

it's been several weeks now since you stopped reaching out to me. i know you have a new person in your life. and i'd be lying if i said that I was beaming with happiness for you, when part of me feels replaced. i understood from the start that you were moving forward, but the way it was kept a secret for so long just didn't seem right.

things are so different now.

i thought you'd always be the one closest to me...maybe that's why this all feels so strange. it's sort of like our past, which meant so much to me, has been tossed aside. was our relationship really as important to you as you said it was? if so, how does it feel to have me missing from your life?

over these past weeks, i assumed i was just being melodramatic, so i sort of brushed my feelings aside. however, today, those feelings were brought back into the light. when he told me what he thought was going to happen, i didn't believe it. i couldn't. the idea seemed so unlike you and the person i thought you were. today, though, i'm starting to understand. he was right.

while i'm not letting your behavior hurt me, i would have expected much better from you. there's no good reason for your actions. you have so much already and in the future, you will have even more. so, tell me. why this? is it because of your resentments? if so, why can't you let them go? do you have any sympathy for his situation?

what happened to putting into practice what i thought you believed? remember what we once read...how everything comes down to one of two emotions: fear or love? it seems to me that you are coming from a place of fear.

where's the compassion? do you not see the sadness of what's happening here? deep down, your soul knows what's right. i just wish you would acknowledge the truth and choose love over fear...because peace is what we all need.

No comments:

Post a Comment