Friday, May 3, 2013

how could i forget? tonight, i remember.

"maybe i've been the problem. maybe I'm the one to blame,
but even when I turn it off and blame myself, the outcome feels the same.

i've been thinkin maybe i've been partly cloudy,
maybe I'm the chance of rain; maybe I'm overcast, and maybe all my luck's washed down the drain.

i've been thinking 'bout everyone, everyone you look so lonely.

but when I look at the stars,
i see someone else.

when I look at the stars, i feel like myself.

stars lookin' at our planet, watching entropy and pain. and maybe start to wonder how the chaos in our lives could pass as sane. i've been thinking 'bout the meaning of resistance, of a hope beyond my own.

and suddenly the infinite and penitent begin to look like home; i've been thinking 'bout everyone, everyone you look so empty.

but when I look at the stars, i see someone else. when I look at the stars, I feel like myself. everyone, we feel so lonely.

everyone.

yeah everyone, we feel so empty.

when I look at the stars...i feel like myself. when I look at the stars, i see someone..."

{thank you, Jon}

No comments:

Post a Comment