Saturday, November 23, 2013

leaving home

I never wrote about it on here, but I am extremely grateful that the escrow fell through last summer. We would have moved by September. Granted, it would have been somewhere only five minutes away or so. But still. In spite of the fact that everyone else wants to move (and for good reason in terms of family dynamics and togetherness), I secretly was kind of relieved. I love walking on the bluff path at night going home after work surrounded by the completely lit up streets behind us. I love running along the trail during the day. I love going to the end of the street with Bosco to watch the sunset. And my room. I've written before how it's a a safe-haven of sorts. I will miss it most out of any other part of this house. This room and the views of the city and sky when outdoors. I can't really explain it.

All the houses we're looking at are not in Los Angeles.

I'm looking forward to change. A fresh start. But it's sort of a crazy thing to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment