Saturday, December 21, 2013

resonation

When I was at work last night, I kept thinking about the list I recently made. The whole thing was nagging at me for some reason. Until I read the one from 2011, I felt no need to create a "to do someday" list now that more time has passed. Quite honestly, I'm not even intensely yearning for any of that right now (aside from often wishing I was living on my own, but even that isn't something I can really focus on right now). I'm just trying to live day by day.

I woke up this morning to an email with a link to an updated post on a website I follow. Usually the stories provide a lot of insight and I can relate to certain bits, but today's was exactly what I needed to read.

The last lines of the person's personal share read: Somehow I know it's all ok, and that all I have to do is "change my mind," and write my own story, instead of letting the fears of those before me choose for me. See things for what they are, no bias, no judgement....just see everything as it really is...

And the head of the website (who's a therapist) gave a reply that expresses what I have never been able to put in words.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Our western cultural paradigm - our medical/psychiatric paradigm is miles away from what it was originally designed to be. "Psyche" means Soul. Psychology is the study of the soul. The Hippocratic oath that all doctors are pledged to honor says to serve their patients with the greatest care, and to do no harm. In today's modern psychiatric approach, a person's personal experience is often invalidated, pathologized and labelled as an illness. Fear is a deeply destructive force, and when we are told that our reality is false (by a person who is not anywhere close to being enlightened and knowing anything beyond their ego), it can be a terrifying, depressing, fragmenting experience. My personal belief is that we are each living in our own bubble of reality and that we cluster together with communities that foster a consensus reality, yet it is the rarest among us who really understands the real Truth.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein 

Never abandon your truth for another person's version of reality, unless it resonates with your heart and raises your consciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment